The Multilingual Technical Dictionary (MTD) of all technical terms related to irrigation, drainage, flood management, environment, river training and allied disciplines (see contents below)is a flagship publication of the ICID. First published in English and French languages in 1967, the 4th edition of the MTD (English-French) was brought out on CD-ROM in the year 2002. Current 5th edition defines 9370 technical terms in Chinese, Japanese and Russian, besides English and French.
The MTD brings coherence in sharing and exchange of experiences and has proved to be highly useful for engineers, researchers, students, professionals, planners, designers, academics and all others related with the field of irrigation and drainage. Any term definition can be printed/copied with option to download/updates terms from ICID website.
- To identify priority chapters and terms frequently referred/consulted by AWM professionals,
- To consul/ invite professional organizations to collaborate in enriching chapters/terms,
- To identify experts/ work bodies to review terms/chapters,
- To encourage NCs in preparation and building of additional translations along with English/ French,
- To identify interesting pictures/diagrams suitable to illustrate various terms, where required, and
- To make it accessible on web/ Mobile
|1||Dr. Ding Kunlunemail@example.com||China||Chair|
|2||Mr. Bernard Vincent||Bernard.firstname.lastname@example.org||France||Member|
|3||Mr. A.K. Randevemail@example.com||India||Member|
|4||Mrs. Mary Jean M. Gabriel||MaryJeanG@nda.agric.za||South Africa||Member|
|5||Dr. Yu-Chuan Changfirstname.lastname@example.org||Chinese Taipei Committee||Member|
|6||Dr. Masaomi KIMURAemail@example.com||Japan||Member|