- Working Group on Environment
- WG on Sustainable Development of Tidal Areas
- WG on Manag. Water Scar. under Conflict Demands
- WG on Climate Change and Agrl. Water Management
- WG on Adaptive Flood Management
- WG on Irrig. and Drain. in the States under Socio-Eco. Trans.
- WG on Institutional Asp. of Irrig. Drain. Sys. Mgmt.
- WG on Modernization and Revitali. of Irrig. Schemes
- WG on Irrigation Development and Mgmt.
- WG-Water Saving in Irrigated Areas
- Working Group on Rain Water Harvesting
- WG on Sustain. On-Farm Irrig. Sys. Development
- WG on Use of Non-Conven. Water Res. for Irrig.
- ICID Journal Editorial Board
- WG on History of Irrigation, Drainage and Flood Control
- TF to Guide ICID Inputs to 9th World Water Forum
- Working Group on Value Engineering
- TF for Updating and Mainten. of Multiling. Tech. Dict.
- WG on Capacity Development, Training and Education
- Working Group on Land Drainage
- WG on Water Food Energy Nexus (WG-WFE-N)
There are at least five integrated aspects that must be properly maintained in order to secure the functional sustainability of irrigation/drainage in particular and development functions of infrastructures in general. These are: (1). Human resources; (2). Institution and Organization (3). Technology for sustainable O&M; (4). Sustainable O&M budget; and (5). Effective Regulatory Instrument and enforcement. The absence or unbalance of an integrated relationship among any of the five aspects would bring about ineffectiveness of infrastructural functions. Therefore, the five aspects cannot be seen in isolation.
With transfer of responsibility for water management to a local level, more attention has to be given to cost recovery of the service provided for water distribution. At the same time it is important to balance the budget, requiring detailed analysis of the source and application of funds. In turn this makes user-based performance assessments essential in order to identify irrigation performance indicators.
|1||Dr. A. Hafied A. Ganyemail@example.com||Indonesia||Chair|
|2||Dr. Keigo NODAfirstname.lastname@example.org||Japan||Vice Chair|
|3||Mr. Taku MORIemail@example.com||Japan||Secretary|
|4||Mr. Abdullahi Abdul Rahmanfirstname.lastname@example.org||Nigeria||Member|
|5||Mr. Hasan Basri Yukselemail@example.com||Turkey||Member|
|6||Mr. Philip J. Riddellfirstname.lastname@example.org||United Kingdom||Member|
|7||Dr. Yu Chuan Changemail@example.com||Chinese Taipei Committee||Member|
|8||Dr. Qazi Tallat Mahmood Siddiquifirstname.lastname@example.org||Pakistan||Member|
|9||Dr. Ding Kunlunemail@example.com||China||Member|
|10||Eng. Sabreen Abdalradha Charloob Obied Subahfirstname.lastname@example.org||Iraq||Member|
|11||Eng. Raghad Sami Aljanabiemail@example.com||Iraq||Member|
|12||Mr. Franklin E. Dimickfirstname.lastname@example.org||USA||Member|
Workshop Planned for Adelaide 2022
International Workshop on "Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) in Irrigation and Drainage Operation and Maintenance towards Sustainable Agricultural Water Management”
Bali, Indonesia, 2019
- The Potential Roles of Farmers’ Organizations and Private Service Providers in Improving the Livelihood of Farmers in the Muda Area, Malaysia
- Sustainable Irrigation: Lessons Learned by the Cambodia Agricultural Value Chain Program (CAVAC)
- Irrigation Management Transfer in the Philippines - Lessons from the Participatory Irrigation Development Project (PIDP)
- Irrigation Service Agreements – An Instrument in Modernization of Irrigation Management in Indonesia.
- Changing the nervous mind of small-scale farmers who are reluctant to invest for their development
- Chairman’s Report at the 5th Meeting of WG-IOA
Call for Papers: International Workshop on “Public-Private-Partnership (PPPs) in Irrigation and Drainage Operation and Maintenance toward sustainable Irrigated Agricultural water management”, 24th ICID Congress and 71st IEC Meeting, 22-28 September 2020, Sydney, Australia
- International Workshop on Participatory Irrigation/ Drainage Management - Transfer, Approaches and Condition for Successful PIDM (IOA), 3rd World Irrigation Forum and 70th IEC Meeting, 1-7 September 2019, Bali, Indonesia,
- Country Papers and Case Study : Symposium on ‘Global Review of Institutional Reforms in Irrigation Sector for Sustainable Agriculture Water Management, including Water Users’ Association’, 23rd ICID Congress and 68th IEC Meeting, Mexico City, Mexico, 2017
CONCLUDED WORKBODIES/ TECHNICAL GROUPS+