- Working Group on Environment
- WG on Sustainable Development of Tidal Areas
- WG on Manag. Water Scar. under Conflict Demands
- WG on Climate Change and Agrl. Water Management
- WG on Adaptive Flood Management
- WG on Irrig. and Drain. in the States under Socio-Eco. Trans.
- WG on Institutional Asp. of Irrig. Drain. Sys. Mgmt.
- WG on Modernization and Revitali. of Irrig. Schemes
- WG on Irrigation Development and Mgmt.
- WG-Water Saving in Irrigated Areas
- Working Group on Rain Water Harvesting
- WG on Sustain. On-Farm Irrig. Sys. Development
- WG on Use of Non-Conven. Water Res. for Irrig.
- ICID Journal Editorial Board
- WG on History of Irrigation, Drainage and Flood Control
- TF to Guide ICID Inputs to 9th World Water Forum
- Working Group on Value Engineering
- TF for Updating and Mainten. of Multiling. Tech. Dict.
- WG on Capacity Development, Training and Education
- Working Group on Land Drainage
- WG on Water Food Energy Nexus (WG-WFE-N)
Sustainable drainage systems (also known as SuDS, SUDS, or sustainable urban drainage systems) are a collection of water management practices that aim to align modern drainage systems with natural water processes. SuDS efforts make urban drainage systems more compatible with components of the natural water cycle such as storm surge overflows, soil percolation, and bio-filtration. These efforts hope to mitigate the effect human development has had or may have on the natural water cycle, particularly surface runoff and water pollution trends. SuDS have become popular in recent decades as our understanding of how urban development affects natural environments, as well as concern for climate change and sustainability, have increased. SuDS often use built components that mimic natural features in order to integrate urban drainage systems into the natural drainage systems or a site as efficiently and quickly as possible. SUDS infrastructure has become a large part of the Blue-Green Cities demonstration project in Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
*Working Group on Drainage (WG-DRG) [1983-2013] concluded at Mardin in 2013, and established as Working Group on Sustainable Drainage (WG-SDRG) (2013-2020).
Established a new Working Group on Land Drainage (WG-LDRG) (2020-2026) at the 71st IEC Meeting (Virrual), 2020
|1||Mr. Bernard Vincent||Bernard.email@example.com||France||Chair|
|2||Dr. Momon Sodik Imanudinfirstname.lastname@example.org||Indonesia||Vice Chair|
|3||Mr. Fazal Rehman Kashifemail@example.com||Pakistan||Secretary|
|4||Mr. Mati Tonismaefirstname.lastname@example.org||Estonia||Member|
|5||Ms Helena Aijoemail@example.com||Finland||Member|
|6||Mr. Ardavan Azarifirstname.lastname@example.org||Iran||Member|
|7||Dr. Yurii Yankoemail@example.com||Russia||Member|
|8||Engr. Mohd Anuar Musardar bin Yusofffirstname.lastname@example.org||Malaysia||Member|
|9||Ms. Wang Shaoliemail@example.com||China||Member|
|10||Prof. Aidan Senzanje||SenzanjeA@ukzn.ac.za||South Africa||Member|
|11||Eng. Maiada Mohamed Anwarfirstname.lastname@example.org||Egypt||Member|
|12||Eng. Mohamed Saleh El-Basyony||Moh_sbn@hotmail.com||Egypt||Member|
|13||Eng. Dina Mahmoud Mohamed Aliemail@example.com||Egypt||Member|
|14||Prof. L.B. Roy - Direct Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org||India||Member|
|15||Dr. Hao-Che Hoemail@example.com||Chinese Taipei Committee||Member|
|16||Dr. Gurbachan Singhfirstname.lastname@example.org||India||Member|
|17||Dr. Ratan Chand Jainemail@example.com||India||Member|
|18||Mr. Shinsuke OTAfirstname.lastname@example.org||Japan||Member|