- Working Group on Environment
- WG on Sustainable Development of Tidal Areas
- WG on Manag. Water Scar. under Conflict Demands
- WG on Climate Change and Agrl. Water Management
- WG on Adaptive Flood Management
- WG on Irrig. and Drain. in the States under Socio-Eco. Trans.
- WG on Institutional Asp. of Irrig. Drain. Sys. Mgmt.
- WG on Modernization and Revitali. of Irrig. Schemes
- WG on Irrigation Development and Mgmt.
- WG-Water Saving in Irrigated Areas
- Working Group on Rain Water Harvesting
- WG on Sustain. On-Farm Irrig. Sys. Development
- WG on Use of Non-Conven. Water Res. for Irrig.
- ICID Journal Editorial Board
- WG on History of Irrigation, Drainage and Flood Control
- TF to Guide ICID Inputs to 9th World Water Forum
- Working Group on Value Engineering
- TF for Updating and Mainten. of Multiling. Tech. Dict.
- WG on Capacity Development, Training and Education
- Working Group on Land Drainage
- WG on Water Food Energy Nexus (WG-WFE-N)
With the rapid development of economy and the increasing growth of population, Shortage of fresh water becomes a global problem. Agriculture is the biggest water consumer nearly accounting for 70% of the total water supply worldwide. Use of Non-Conventional Water Resources for irrigation could meet such fresh water shortage. Non-Conventional waters consist of raw domestic/industrial wastewater, reclaimed water, agricultural drainage water, mining water, harvested rainwater, and brackish/saline groundwater. In many developing countries, a major part of the wastewater generated by domestic and industrial sectors is used for crop production in an untreated or partly treated form. The protection of public health and the environment are the main concerns associated with uncontrolled wastewater irrigation. In other words, the quality of the produced food, the consumer safety and the health of farm workers are of great concern. Other concerns include the salinity and heavy metal accumulation and pollution caused by nutrient leaching. In fact, secondary ef?uent contains dissolved solids, heavy metals, pesticides and pathogens that might jeopardize sustainable agriculture, groundwater quality, soil quality/ productivity and human health, however, the nutrients contained in such waste water are bene?cial for agriculture up to certain concentrations.
It is very important to prevent contamination and reduce contamination risks for NCWRI, therefore, a set of techniques, policies and strategies must be considered in the process of planning, designing, operation and management.
Established : 2018
|1||Dr. Wenyong Wuemail@example.com||China||Chair|
|2||Dr. Tapas Kumar Biswasfirstname.lastname@example.org||Australia||Member|
|3||Dr. Mohamed Shaban M. Abu Salamaemail@example.com||Egypt||Member|
|4||Dr. Hussein Abdel Halim El Gammalfirstname.lastname@example.org||Egypt||Member|
|5||Dr. (Ms.) Anna Tadeschiemail@example.com||Italy||Member|
|6||Dr. Tasuku Katofirstname.lastname@example.org||Japan||Member|
|7||Engr. Mohamed Ouhssainemail@example.com||Morocco||Member|
|8||Dr. Muhammad Munir Ahmadfirstname.lastname@example.org||Pakistan||Member|
|9||Prof. Leon van Rensburgemail@example.com||South Africa||Member|
|10||Dr. Chihhao Fanfirstname.lastname@example.org||Chinese Taipei Committee||Member|
|11||Dr. (Mrs.) Samia El-Guindyemail@example.com||Egypt||Member|
|12||Dr. Ratan Chand Jainfirstname.lastname@example.org||India||Member|
|13||Dr. Karim Shiatiemail@example.com||Iran||Member|
|14||Dr. Seung Heon Leefirstname.lastname@example.org||South Korea||Member|
|15||Prof. Dr. Ragab Ragabemail@example.com||United Kingdom||Member|
Workshop Planned for Adelaide 2022
Workshop on “Nonconventional Irrigation Water – Managing Salinity in High Value Agriculture”
Download SALTMED 2019 (File size 398mb)
Please carefully read the document: How to install the SALTMED model. You could also see the Video on YouTube about installation and different parts of the model including problems and solutions. The User Guide has now been updated as well.
Online course https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRMeUFzuBYU
Trouble shooting, Problems and solutions:
A dedicated ICID YouTube Playlist is also available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NnpllMtSuE&list=PLWpC78hTAxrWz79qfHIWkHjfM-HBhRvKY
CONCLUDED WORKBODIES/ TECHNICAL GROUPS+