- Working Group on Environment
- WG on Sustainable Development of Tidal Areas
- WG on Manag. Water Scar. under Conflict Demands
- WG on Climate Change and Agrl. Water Management
- WG on Adaptive Flood Management
- WG on Irrig. and Drain. in the States under Socio-Eco. Trans.
- WG on Institutional Asp. of Irrig. Drain. Sys. Mgmt.
- WG on Modernization and Revitali. of Irrig. Schemes
- WG on Irrigation Development and Mgmt.
- WG-Water Saving in Irrigated Areas
- Working Group on Rain Water Harvesting
- WG on Sustain. On-Farm Irrig. Sys. Development
- WG on Use of Non-Conven. Water Res. for Irrig.
- ICID Journal Editorial Board
- WG on History of Irrigation, Drainage and Flood Control
- TF to Guide ICID Inputs to 9th World Water Forum
- Working Group on Value Engineering
- TF for Updating and Mainten. of Multiling. Tech. Dict.
- WG on Capacity Development, Training and Education
- Working Group on Land Drainage
- WG on Water Food Energy Nexus (WG-WFE-N)
It is evident that in order to meet growing food demand for rapidly growing world population the second green revolution has to be centered on the smallholder farmers in Africa and improved water use efficiency and production in large irrigation systems in Asia. A lack of capacity is identified as a constraint to the development of productive and viable irrigated systems. Both Asia and Africa will need a well-informed, skilled and technology savvy contingent of agriculture scientists, irrigation engineers, and extension service workers to support this effort. Capacity development has to be linked to the overall goal of the sector and serve the purpose of the ultimate beneficiaries – the irrigation community. There is need for systematic capacity development of both institutions and individual in terms of developing enabling environment for institutional reforms and good governance, supporting institutional capacity, and supporting policy development.
Like in the past FAO will be the major partner in this WG. In addition, other International Organizations such as IFAD, IWMI, UN-Water, WWC, GWP, WMO partners would be invited to participate as observers.
- Coordinate and guide the knowledge management activities of the Commission and the capacity development activities by various WGs;
- Compile the status of training and educational programmes offered in different regions;
- Compile the Educational Programs being offered in Irrigation and Drainage in different regions;
- Identify the training and education requirements, and identify gaps in available training programs, explore the feasibility of developing e-learning program and prepare guidelines for their development to support education and training programmes;
- Explore the scope of use of IT in capacity development including distant learning, and implement where feasible;
- Make available various tools required for sustainable development;
- Oversee the establishment and functioning of a Technical Support Unit for supporting NCs; and
- Facilitate the process of balancing education and training requirements, and provision and training services.
Established : 2015
|1||Dr. Mohamed Abd El Moneim Wahbaemail@example.com||Egypt||Chair|
|2||Dr. Vijay K. Labhsetwarfirstname.lastname@example.org||India||Vice Chair|
|3||Dr. Rajendra S. Poddaremail@example.com||India||Secretary|
|4||Mr. Shinji FUKUDAfirstname.lastname@example.org||Japan||Member|
|5||Er. Ashok Kumar Kharyaemail@example.com||India||Member|
|6||Mr. Gaforzoda Bahkromfirstname.lastname@example.org||Tajikistan||Member|
|7||Dr. Abu Obieda Babiker Ahmed Hassanemail@example.com||Sudan||Provisional Member|
|8||Dr. Wen-Pen Shufirstname.lastname@example.org||Chinese Taipei Committee||Provisional Member|
|9||Dr. Akie MUKAIemail@example.com||Japan||Provisional Member|
|10||Dato` Ir. Haji Hanapi Bin Mohamad Noorfirstname.lastname@example.org||Malaysia||Provisional Member|