- Working Group on Environment
- WG on Sustainable Development of Tidal Areas
- WG on Manag. Water Scar. under Conflict Demands
- WG on Climate Change and Agrl. Water Management
- WG on Adaptive Flood Management
- WG on Irrig. and Drain. in the States under Socio-Eco. Trans.
- WG on Institutional Asp. of Irrig. Drain. Sys. Mgmt.
- WG on Modernization and Revitali. of Irrig. Schemes
- WG on Irrigation Development and Mgmt.
- WG-Water Saving in Irrigated Areas
- Working Group on Rain Water Harvesting
- WG on Sustain. On-Farm Irrig. Sys. Development
- WG on Use of Non-Conven. Water Res. for Irrig.
- ICID Journal Editorial Board
- WG on History of Irrigation, Drainage and Flood Control
- TF to Guide ICID Inputs to 9th World Water Forum
- Working Group on Value Engineering
- TF for Updating and Mainten. of Multiling. Tech. Dict.
- WG on Capacity Development, Training and Education
- Working Group on Land Drainage
- WG on Water Food Energy Nexus (WG-WFE-N)
Irrigation is always accompanied by drainage. The drainage (natural or constructed) should be carried out wherever irrigation takes place. Even in rainfed agriculture in many parts of the world, drainage is necessary. That is why a significant part of discussions at the ICID meetings is on drainage.
There has been a working group on drainage issues in ICID since 1983. It seems, however that ICID cannot be imagined without a drainage workbody, due to the importance of the drainage as an integral part of the water management.
The Working Group on Sustainable Drainage (WG-SDRG) was established in 2014 for a period of 6 years after completion of the mandate of the former Working Group on Drainage (WG-DRG) in 2013. The WG-SDRG concluded in 2019 however, based on the recommendation of PCTA, the 70th IEC approved its extension for one more year up to 2020 to develop a scoping document for the new WG (resolution IEC DR-2/70 of 70th IEC minutes).
In this regard, Scoping Document prepared to establish a new Drainage Working Group to follow and update the mandates and mission of the former Working Group on Sustainable Drainage (WG-SDRG) which was concluded at the 71st IEC Meeting (Virtual), 7-8 December 2020, ICID Central Office, New Delhi, India
- To promote drainage as part of integrated water resources management. In this regard exchange of information, knowledge and experience among the WG members in order to be up to date with new developments, methods and approaches. Prepare and present reports and/or case studies on recent developments in the countries that are represented in the WG; organise international drainage workshops,
- To collect and review manuals, guidelines, codes of practice and standards on drainage schemes of various countries and prepare universal draft standards,
- To promote sustainable approaches for drainage and related projects through a balanced integration of environmental, economic, and social and cultural aspects. In this regard nonconventional drainage methods such as bio-drainage, dry-drainage, controlled drainage and reuse of drainage water will be given due attention
- To prepare an overview paper on the state of the art on the topic for publication in Irrigation and Drainage (IRD)
- To hold drainage conferences and workshops with collaboration of NCs and close collaboration to hold two International Drainage workshops (14th and 15th IDW).
- Collecting data of the World Drained Area and keep it updated through WG members and NCs information according to Goal E, Strategy E5 (Compilation of Global Data Sets on Irrigation and Drainage), Clause 5.3 (Datasets for Drainage Area) of Road Map of ICID Vision 2030.
|1||Mr. Bernard Vincent||Bernard.firstname.lastname@example.org||France||Chair|
|2||Dr. Momon Sodik Imanudinemail@example.com||Indonesia||Vice Chair|
|3||Mr. Fazal Rehman Kashiffirstname.lastname@example.org||Pakistan||Secretary|
|4||Mr. Mati Tonismaeemail@example.com||Estonia||Member|
|5||Ms Helena Aijofirstname.lastname@example.org||Finland||Member|
|6||Mr. Ardavan Azariemail@example.com||Iran||Member|
|7||Dr. Yurii Yankofirstname.lastname@example.org||Russia||Member|
|8||Engr. Mohd Anuar Musardar bin Yusoffemail@example.com||Malaysia||Member|
|9||Dr. (Ms.) Naoko KOSHIYAMAfirstname.lastname@example.org||Japan||Member|
|10||Ms. Wang Shaoliemail@example.com||China||Member|
|11||Prof. Aidan Senzanje||SenzanjeA@ukzn.ac.za||South Africa||Member|
|12||Eng. Maiada Mohamed Anwarfirstname.lastname@example.org||Egypt||Member|
|13||Eng. Mohamed Saleh El-Basyony||Moh_sbn@hotmail.com||Egypt||Member|
|14||Eng. Dina Mahmoud Mohamed Aliemail@example.com||Egypt||Member|
|15||Prof. L.B. Roy - Direct Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org||India||Member|
|16||Dr. Natsuki YOSHIKAWAemail@example.com||Japan||Member|
|17||Dr. Hao-Che Hofirstname.lastname@example.org||Chinese Taipei Committee||Member|
|18||Dr. Gurbachan Singhemail@example.com||India||Member|
|19||Dr. Ratan Chand Jainfirstname.lastname@example.org||India||Member|
|20||Mr. Shinsuke OTAemail@example.com||Japan||Member|