SECOND WORLD IRRIGATION FORUM (WIF2)
The Second World Irrigation Forum (WIF2) was held at Chiang Mai International Convention and Exhibition Center, Chiang Mai, Thailand from 6-8 November 2016 on the theme “Water management in a changing World: Role of Irrigation for Sustainable Food Production”. The mega event was attended by over 1200 participants from 56 countries drawn from different disciplines including Ministers, farmers, academicians, researchers, international scientific community, engineers, policy makers, industry and the irrigation managers.
The glittering Opening Ceremony was held on 5 November 2016 with a tribute to the Late King, His Majesty, King Bhumibhol Adulyadej of Thailand. H.E. General Prayuth Chan-ocha, Prime Minister of Thailand welcomed the delegates through video address and highlighted the importance of this event for the future of Thailand. The other welcome addresses include: H.E. Mr. Pawin Chamniprasart, Governor, Chiang Mai; President Dr. Saeed Nairizi. Mr. Sanchai Ketworrachai, Director General, Royal Irrigation Department and Chairman, THAICID, made a brief report on the activities.
The Opening Address was delivered by H.E. General Chatchai Sarikulya, Minister of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Thailand; followed by a Keynote Addresses of Mr. Petipong Pungbun Na Ayudhya, Former Minister of Agriculture and Cooperatives of Thailand.
|| More Photograph... ||
- Report of the 2nd World Irrigation Forum
- 2nd World Irrigation Forum - Live videos on ICID YouTube Channel
- Glimpses of the WIF2 and 67th IEC meetings
- WIF2 Background Papers: Sub-Theme 1, Sub-Theme 2, and, Sub-Theme 3
- WIF2 Abstract Volume, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 2016 [5.55 MB ]
- WIF2 Full Length Papers, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 2016
- WIF2 Statement
- Declaration of Ministers’ Meeting
- Highlights of 2nd World Irrigation Forum, Chiang Mai, Thailand, 2016